As an independent cloud architect I specialise in everything Google Cloud Platform, G Suite as well as distributed computing with open-source software. Helping ambitious SMEs achieve their goals.
With fellow technologists I share a vision of automation and connectedness, yet am very concerned with the mid and long-term effects of the digital divide in South Africa. I’m always happy to discuss issues in this area.
If you or your organisation have well-established productivity patterns in place, I’m happy to comply. If you’re interested in how I organise my project work with clients, here’s an overview:
Staying on top of my schedule is important for my general health, but vital to resource planning for both project work and retainers.
- Make use of one of my 30 min appointment slots and schedule an appointment.
- Often I send 2-4 calendar invitation options as
[TITLE] OptN(eg. Backend Opt3). Confirm the most convenient and decline the others.
- I prefer Hangouts Meet for audio conferencing and screen sharing. It’s robust, easy to use, supports all browsers, iOS, and Android. Every calendar invitation I send out contains a unique link we can meet in.
- Sharing shells via tmux is fun, light weight, and also practical because separate from the conf call. 😊
- Check out Chrome Remote Desktop if you haven’t seen it yet.
- Purely for software development, nothing beats GitLab, GitHub, and BitBucket.
- When organising a mix of tasks, the simplest common denominator is a spreadsheet for project management.
Chat and chatops
- Hangouts Chat